Homecoming


Well, I went out yesterday morning to be join the crowd by the Royal Palace but got there a bit too early. Eight hours too early as I found out later..... The King-Father arrived at the airport in the afternoon and got to the palace by about 5pm. Hey ho.

It was good to see people beginning to gather and pay their respects though. I couldn't get as near as to the palace as hoped as policemen kept waving me on but they were OK with me taking pictures......




When I went to the shops later people were wearing black lapel-type ribbons and everything felt quite muted. The procession was emotional though, as I've seen on the telly. Which is good. There's so much grief here anyway, not far below the surface, so it's a relief to see the tears flowing. Saving face is such a big thing here. And crying in public is just not the done thing. So it's a sad time but a healing one too.....


Comments