Better things


Yesterday as I was writing about the delights of Cafe Eden after a day enjoying the Space, I couldn't help but think of the 6 boys in Sunday's post ("Prison") and what life is like for them right now.

They're laying like a heavy prayer on my brain, making me wonder what it will take for the least to thrive in a place that seems pitted against them.

Like many, I've got that age-old longing for better things, expressed so well by Jesus's Mum:

He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
And the rich He has sent away empty.

Luke 1:52-53

Or to make it more Phnom Penhy:

He has sacked the corrupt officials
And given honest lawyers the loudest voice.
He has gathered the poor to a feast
Where they can grow strong, rise up,
And be counted.
And He has sent away all the fat Lexus drivers
With empty bellies
And the taste of the slums in their mouths.

Comments